Tuesday, December 27

My Cat is a Genius

Cheese is the best cat ever. I know it is all selfish cat stuff that he is doing, but he apparently likes the same stuff I do, and he has a certain knowledge that is timeless and just makes sense.

I couldn’t sleep last night. I had had a really bad day and by the time I fell into bed around 11:30 I had so much anxiety that I was convinced someone close to me was going to die. That being said, trying to fall asleep was a challenge. I know that animals reduce stress so I called Autumn and she came over and slept in her favorite spot (snuggled up against my neck). I petted her a bit and started to doze off. And then the twitching started (mine, not hers). Every time I got close to slipping off, I would twitch, it would wake me up and I would start the whole worrying process again. I thought maybe I was too hot so I kicked the covers off. The problem with that is that the boys were laying on my legs – Bumpers between my knees and Cheese against my thigh. This meant that they had to move with the covers, or get up and reposition. After having to reposition about 5 times Bumpers finally gave up and left. Cheese, However, walked up the side of my body and plopped his 18 pound, fuzzy, butt right on my side. And he has claws, so he dug in. I am a smart girl and I know at this point, if I thrash around some more, it is going to result in 20 claws embedded in my side because he is trying to hold on, so I lay as still as I could to avoid any bloodletting. That, and the purring, fuzzy, warm weight of nearly 20 pounds holding me down finally relaxed me enough that I fell asleep. I don’t know when he left, but when I woke up this morning he was back in his usual spot being all purry and cute.

I know how much it helped me, but I don’t know if he did it out of kitteh selfishness or maybe he knows something I don’t. Either way, I was able to get to sleep around 2 for a good 5 hours of sleep. Considering everything, I think that is pretty good.

Cheese is getting some chicken with his meal tonight.

No comments: