Friday, December 28

Pissed

Well, there are plenty of things to be pissed about. The top on my list is the contractor. My tile has been in for 2 weeks now and my shower is only half tiled. Wayne tells me that he will be here at 8, shows up at noon, and then only works an hour and leaves. I was really hoping to be able to use my shower before we moved out! I am giving him today to impress me or we are finding someone else to finish the bathroom up. I mean, really, we could do it ourselves since we have tiled before. We would just prefer not to since WE CONTRACTED WAYNE TO DO IT!!!

The house is a disaster. we have started boxing things up and taking them to the storage unit. We got a garage sized space since we will be putting furniture in there too. With all the de-cluttering going on, it is actually worse than if I had put everything where it belongs. We are making progress though. Now, things are getting cleaned out rather than just hiding stuff in cabinets and closets. The struggle isn't deciding what to get rid of, but in getting Michael to agree to get rid of ANYTHING. He is such a pack rat that if I say something has to go, he fights me all the way. My best bet is to clean out the place when he is gone. My thinking is that if we haven't seen or used something in 6 months then we don't really need it. Michael is hoping we get a place with a 3 car garage...I am cringing. I can just see all the useless tools and crap in there now!

Barry leaves tomorrow. That will help us de-clutter as well. As soon as he goes, we can start re-arranging the upstairs. We are turning our study into a small bedroom - that could be used as a nursery or a sitting area, since it connects to the master bedroom suite. My sewing room will become our office, and Barry's room will become the actual guest bedroom. The bedroom downstairs will become a sitting room/library, and the basement will stay the gym. Not a lot of re-arranging, but enough to keep us hopping for a while.

well, I just got off the phone with Wayne and he says he will be here before 10 so I am going to go and feed the Poodins before he comes. I will update later.

No comments: